The Yankees are 6-1 in Spring training so far, and the starters are off to a good “start”. The game by game results so far, by game #:
1. Bryan Mitchell 2 IP 0 R, Luis Cessa 2 IP 0 R (Yanks won over Phil)
2. Adam Warren 2 IP 0 R (Yanks lost to Phil)
3. Luis Severino 2 IP 0 R (Yanks won over Tor)
4. Chad Green 2 IP 0 R (Yanks won over Balt)
5. Luis Cessa 2 IP 2 R (Yanks won over Bos)
6. Masahiro Tanaka 2 IP 0 R (Yanks won over Det)
7. Bryan Mitchell 3 IP 0 R (Yanks won over Atl)
Sans the 2-run outing by Cessa, the Yank starters have pitched scoreless ball (including 2 scoreless innings by Cessa in relief in game 1). The only disappointment so far has been Jonathan Holder allowing 4 runs in 1 2/3 innings of relief to Detroit.
Of course it’s just the Spring. But a lot of times players who do well in the Spring, have a great year. It is a precursor. Hope so.